In our quest to get BBQers out there all the BBQ Accessories they need, we’ve opened our own store. At this point we’re kind of a mom and pop operation, or perhaps brother and brother operation. We really only have one goal: to get people that are really into BBQ the tools they really need. So, our store currently really only carries the products that over the years we here at BBQ Sauce Works have deemed absolutely necessary. What tools are absolutely necessary?
- A cooker – you have to have something to smoke meat on. Now, grills are great, don’t get me wrong, and you can turn any grill (propane, electric, charcoal) into a smoker. just use indirect heat and some wood chips wrapped in foil with holes punched in it. Can be done. Can’t recommend, but can be done. But what we’re gonna try to find is the perfect smoker for people out there that really want to make special BBQ. Barbecue is an art. And like any great artist you’ve got to have your tools. You can’t sculpt stone without a chisel and you can’t smoke meat without an oven. So, we are on a worldwide search to bring people the absolute best smoker for the money. We’ve already researched several smokers and are getting a list together. Soon, we’ll have smokers for sale on our site, as well as, in the BBQ Sauce Works Store. So check back on the cooker front. We’ll find the perfect smoke for you.
- Charcoal Chimney Starter - This is an essential tool, if you don’t want to coat your coals with lighter fluid, and although I’ve seen cooks use lighter fluid even in competition, i think it’s well known throughout the pitmaster community that you don’t start your fire with lighter fluid.
- Heat Resistant Gloves - Another must have, heat resistant gloves will make the life of a BBQ man a whole lot easier. You have to be able to get inside that smoker door and really move stuff around. You can’t be hesitant. And you can’t drop your barbecue on the ground mid-move because it’s too hot.
- BBQ Shredding Claws – Shredding pork can be a nightmare. It’s just too damn hot. These barbecue claws found at the BBQ Sauce Works Store are probably the most perfect tool for serious shredded barbecue I’ve ever come across.
- Rib Racks - This is more of an optional item, but man does it help. Rib racks add cook space and cook space is everything, if you’re hosting a large party or catering an event. There are a few different types out there, but try to get stainless steel. It just does a better job than aluminum.
These are some items that people don’t just have laying around the house that will help you make your barbecue life a whole lot easier. Most people have some tongs, most people have a grill brush, most people have a charcoal that they like, but the items listed above will help you out a lot. Thanks for visiting BBQ Sauce Works and let us know if you have any items you think we should add to the list.