Well, we just got back from a very stiff competition in Westmont, IL. 66 teams showed up, and it was announced that the competition had become the largest in Illinois. My hats off to the Westmont Lion’s Club and all the people that helped put this event on. It was [...]
Archives : 2012 May
- Restaurant Barbecue by D. Josh BovoSometimes I read reviews on barbecue joints and I just want to lose my marbles. Someone will smash a bbq joint because it doesn’t have nice chairs our a tub of balls for their kids to play in. Please understand, people. Most barbecue joints are about the meat. These guys [...]
- BBQSauceWorksTV is now on the air! by D. Josh BovoWe’ve created a YouTube Channel devoted to barbecue. You can find it at And if you get a chance follow us or like us! See ya around the smoke!
- The 5 Best BBQ Sauces by D. Josh BovoOkay. Tough subject, because we all know how much sauces differ throughout the county. Some like a mustard sauce. Some like a lot of vinegar. But let’s just make this about the middle of America. When they say, ‘Don’t mess with Texas,” I agree. Especially when discussing BBQ. It’s not [...]
- To enter the Sam's Clu… by D. Josh BovoDo I want to compete for the National Championship. F yeah. But do I want to travel to New Mexico to do it? F No. Let’s face it the Sam’s Club National Championship is a cool thing for Competitive BBQ. BBQ Sauce Works competed in it last year [...]
- Smoke Ringz BBQ - Wheaton, IL by D. Josh BovoWe’re not professional BBQ critics, but when we come across a place that needs to be found, I have to let the people know. We found one. Smoke Ringz BBQ, Wheaton This place has heart. That’s all you can ask for out of a BBQ joint. So many BBQ restaurants [...]
- The Winter of Barbecue Comp… by D. Josh BovoSo, the hardcore competition barbecuers, both the regular joes (you and I) and the poser-types (with their oversized rigs, borderline electronic smokers, and recipes ripped from expensive cooking classes that advocate pumping the meat full of phosphates and artificial flavor) are still out there in January finding a place to [...]
- BBQ Movie Makers? by D. Josh BovoThe one thing that I know about the barbecue community is that they’re pretty much game for anything. That’s why I wanted to tip everyone out there off about a Halloween Horror Movie Competition being put on by my friends at Azimuth Media Project (azimuthmediaproject.com). The goal is for teams [...]
- Different Flavors in Differ… by D. Josh BovoI just wanted to point out to you competitive bbqers that in the world of barbecue you have to consider where you are cooking. When you start preparing for a competition trip, there are many concerns. You have tons of equipment to organize and since you’re gonna take a [...]
- Savory Spices in Hinsdale, IL by D. Josh BovoI recently was wandering around downtown Hinsdale, IL. I was competing in the Westmont, IL KCBS event and I was looking for my brother who, in a hurry, had asked me to drop him off to find some hot gloves so we wouldn’t burn our hands pulling the meat out [...]
- BBQ Sauce Works has good sh… by D. Josh BovoWell, we just got back from a very stiff competition in Westmont, IL. 66 teams showed up, and it was announced that the competition had become the largest in Illinois. My hats off to the Westmont Lion’s Club and all the people that helped put this event on. It was [...]
- Arie Orie on It’s good to be a new membe…Great!
- Jeffrey Smith on The St. Louis River Rub Com…Hi and thanks for the information, and your web site genuinely looks exceptional. What wp theme are you utilizing?
- IMDB on It’s good to be a new membe…Fantastic write-up, Ive just subscribed to your RSS feed.
- Helen on Why BBQ Sauce Works?Nice to read your blog
- Dave on The 5 essential BBQ accesso…CONGRATS on opening the store! I know it's going to be a great year for BBQ and grilling. Dave ...
- Lenard Benne on It’s good to be a new membe…Thanks, bookmarked!
- Noah Wolever on It’s good to be a new membe…Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog ...
Welcome , today is Monday, May 20, 2013